Communications expert, writer, networker
Company founder Stephanie Ringel was drawn to journalism over 20 years ago because she wanted to communicate facts, ideas and everything in between; to tell the stories behind the story. To be committed and investigative as a writer and interviewer. To follow her curiosity. What is it that drives others? What matters to people?
Today she is a goal-oriented communication expert with rock-solid consulting skills. As a business owner, she aspires to be both dynamic and stable at the same time; she likes a healthy pace, responsibility, rethinking the givens time and again, and is always up for a laugh. Through her involvement in various activities, such as promoting young professionals and acting as a caregiver for a relative with dementia, she lives and breathes all those things.
Blurring boundaries has always excited her. She studied Political Science, Law and Art History at the University of Trier (DE) and the University of Sophia Antipolis in Nice (FR). Since then, she has amassed over 20 years of experience in editorial management, corporate communications, lobbying, cultural promotion, and the development of new business fields. Finally, thanks to workshops and her post as a lecturer, she has her finger on the pulse of the times.
- Sustainable Architecture: the D-Bulletin. Features on the administrative center being built at Guisanplatz 1, Bern (since 2021)
- Best of Swiss Design: "TA+ST" Talents and Stars (2017, 2022)
- Article in the "Glory Land" catalogue: interview with Daniel Hunziker (2018)
- "manja gideon traces" biography (2017)
- In production: a book contribution about Heinz Baumann
- Storytelling (STF, Zurich)
- Contemporary design market & trends (STF, Zurich)
- Storytelling (ICDP FHNW, Basel)
- Final exams (oral, BA), Institute of Contemporary Design Practices (ICDP), Basel (since 2016)
- Jury member, Fidea Design award, Lucerne (2022)
- Jury member, formforum Masterpiece award, Bern (2021)
- Q-Award for the relaunch of the Swiss parenting magazine Fritz+Fränzi (2014)
- European Excellence Award for Ringier’s corporate magazine DOMO (Silver Feather, 2012)
- Founder and CEO Stephanie Ringel Media, Zurich (since 2013, 2013-2022 known as Stephanie Ringel Editorial Services)
- Journalist, author, editor-in-chief ad int. at Ringier Axel Springer, Zurich (2003–2013)
- Corporate communication traineeship at Sanofi-Aventis, Frankfurt (2001–2002)
- University of Trier (DE) and University of Sophia Antipolis in Nice (FR), with studies in Political Science, Art History and Law (1995–2002)
- Giessen School of Management and Public Administration (DE), dual study program in Law (1990–1993)
- Languages: German (native), Swiss German, English, French (full professional proficiency); Italian and Spanish (basic knowledge)